Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Gift - Thrifty Sharpie Platters



I've been a little absent from the blog. I've tried to switch off the computer as much as possible so that I can use my 'spare time' to concentrate on the huge pile of handmade gifts I'm making for Miss Daisy's friends and cousins this Christmas!

We've also finished off our gifts for Miss Daisy and Li'l Peppa's grandparents and great grandparents. These were really easy and came in under $1 each! I hope they'll be adored by their recipients!
Just For Daisy :: Thrifty Handmade Christmas Gift.
After seeing LOTS of sharpie projects on Pinterest of late I decided to give it a shot! Big W had a multi pack of Sharpies in a range of colours so we grabbed one of those last time we were in town. It was $17.95 for 12 textas. We'll be using these for other crafts in the future so I was happy with the cost.
I also got a morning with just Li'l Peppa last week and went op shopping - a huge success!
In my travels I found four large square plates for 50c each! Bargain!

On each plate I drew a basic design and then let Miss Daisy decorate. We've been drawing Christmas trees a lot lately in our drawing/painting time so she has grown accustomed to placing a 'star' on top and some decorations on the tree itself. It was her own initiative to draw the borders around her pictures. She also copied the Christmas bauble I drew and drew a couple of her own! Further practice for her newfound skill of drawing circles! I am really proud of her efforts and a little sad I haven't kept one for us! I think I'll be heading back to the op shops before Christmas!

Here's what we created! Basically the gist is that you draw onto the plate/mug/bowl then bake in a 180'C (350'F) oven for around 1/2 an hour! These are hand wash only - I wrote on the back of ours to remind their new owners! :)

Just For Daisy :: Thrifty Handmade Christmas Gift.
Just For Daisy :: Thrifty Handmade Christmas Gift.