Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chocolate Crackles - two ingredients!


After seeing this fabulous post from The Useful Box on making yummy chocolate crackles with only two ingredients I had to give it a go! 
You may have realised from my Coconut Ice recipe that I'm not a fan of copha in my cooking, it's not something that I have on hand at home, nor do I like that it is 98% saturated fat!

 Chocolate is also something that's generally only once in a while around here but this recipe was a must do! We shared these with Miss Daisy's play-group friends last week - so they were enjoyed by all in moderation!

This is a great recipe for little hands to help you with. Your measurements need not be exact AND it's an easy pour, stir and scoop job! Even the littlest of kitchen hands can assist!

You will need:
- Approximately 250g chocolate (melted)
I bought a 350g Cadbury - oops! ;)
- 3 cups of Rice bubbles 

That's it... simply melt your chocolate carefully. I did it in the microwave but you could do it in a bowl over boiling water on the stove if you wish. (Melted chocolate is hot so be mindful of little hands/fingers!)
Then pour your melted chocolate over your rice bubbles and mix until it's fully combined.


We spooned them into mini patty cases that Miss Daisy spread out on a baking tray.
And finally (if you want to add a third ingredient!) we sprinkled on some 100's & 1000's!



Have you got a favourite kids recipe?
Or a recipe modification to make something just that little bit healthier?